Items to consider including are:
Sports Injuries/Accidents/Muscle Aches
1. Taumeel @ ointment (Heel) for bumps, bruises, sports strains (but not for an open wound).
2. Deep Tissue@ (Dr. Schulze’s) for muscle strains –external use only.
3. Calendula off 1x (Hyland’s) for rashes.
4. Activated Charcoal for upset stomachs – take 2 or 3 capsules.
Follow in an hour with another dose if needed. Remember that 24 hours later you will likely feel well but have a very black stool from the charcoal.
5. Olive Leaf tincture – herbal preparation.
Flu and Colds
6. Oscillococcinum @ (Boiron) for times one thinks they may be coming down with the flu.
7. Chestal @(Boiron) or Umcka @ (Nature’s Way) for coughs.
Chestal @ contains honey which is a proven calmer of coughs.
8. Vitamin C powder or capsules taken several times a day. 1000 mg at a time will be effective. Too much will cause diarrhea.
9. Nasopure@ (an easier to use form of a Neti pot) for rinsing out the nasal passages to help with airbourne allergies. Please use distilled or filtered water as there has been some instances of amoeba's
10. Melatonin -- dosage is 1 mg to 3 mg prior to bedtime.
11. Sleepytime@ Herbal tea
12. Coral Calcium powder. Just prior to bedtime:
Drop a ¼ tsp into the mouth and with the tongue, spread it on the aching tooth. Prior to use verify that the pH is neutral or alkaline for the product you select by testing it with a pH strip. The body will use the trace minerals and the calcium to attempt a repair to the enamel.
Fungally infected toenails:
13. Vick’s Vapor Rub @ put on the toe nail twice a day. Note that this will take a couple of months to see results.
Note that if sending these items off with a college student, it may be necessary to give them a guideline of what each item is for and how and when to use them.
Another very important item, in my experience is a Homeopathic Kit (either 30x or 30C potentcy) along with the book Homeopathic Medicine at Home by Maesmund Panos and Jane Heimlich.
Boiron makes a nice kit but there are many others also available.